for the 2015 program.
What is SMART?
Student Mentoring and Research Teams (SMART) are sponsored teams of doctoral student research mentors linked to undergraduate mentees to support mutual professional development. Both graduate students and undergraduates receive compensation for this 10-week-long summer program. The Graduate Division is currently matching donor contributions dollar for dollar in order to grow this pilot program in 2015 and beyond.
- Develop mentoring skills
- Receive research assistance
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Develop expertise in research methods
- Receive exposure to new career paths
- Gain a competitive edge for admission into graduate programs